Conditions Treated at Macias Eye Medical Centers in San Bernardino, Riverside, and Fontana
At Macias Eye Medical Centers, our team of experienced optometry and ophthalmology specialists are trained and equipped to handle a wide array of eye conditions. Whether you need help addressing common conditions like dry eye, or are in need of emergency medical attention for your eyes, we can help.
The most common types of eye conditions of refractive errors that affect how light reaches the eye, resulting in blurry vision. Common refractive errors include:
- Myopia - nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia - farsightedness)
- Presbyopia - age-related vision loss)
- Astigmatism – irregularly shaped cornea
Luckily, these common eye conditions are easily managed with visual aids like eyeglasses or contacts, and are often treatable with corrective eye surgery, like LASIK.
Common Eye Diseases
Our eye doctors stress the importance of receiving annual eye and vision exams. They’re not just for updating your prescription! During these eye exams, your doctor will look for symptoms of early disease and help you find the appropriate treatment before the condition worsens. Common eye diseases include:
- Glaucoma – vision loss occurring from damage to the nerve that connects the eye and brain, often the result of excessive inter-ocular fluid pressure
- Cataracts – clouding of the lens, often develops with age or due to tissue damage from injury
- Keratoconus – progressive eye disease characterized by the bulging of the normally round cornea into a cone shape, causing light distortion, blurred vision, and sensitivity to light
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMR) – AMR presents in two varieties: wet and dry, dry macular degeneration causes vision loss due to the deterioration of the retina whereas wet macular degeneration occurs due to leaky blood vessels under the retina.
- Diabetic Retinopathy - a complication due to diabetes, diabetic retinopathy occurs when high blood sugar levels cause damage to the blood vessels in the eye
Depending on the extent of symptoms and which eye disease is diagnosed, your eye doctor may recommend eye surgery.
Other Eye Conditions
Our team at Macias Eye Medical Centers often treats other common eye conditions including:
- Eye Allergy Symptoms
- Pink Eye (conjunctivitis)
- Computer Vision Syndrome (digital eye strain)
- Chronic Dry Eye
- Eye emergencies - in addition to standard optometry and ophthalmology services, our skilled eye doctors also offer treatment for emergency eye situations.
In addition to these, we offer additional services to address conditions like lazy eye, crossed eyes, or double vision. We also offer Sports Vision Training, to enhance visual processing, hand-eye coordination, eye tracking, and depth perception.
Schedule an Appointment with Macias Eye Medical Centers in Riverside, Fontana, or San Bernardino
Contact our team of experienced eye and vision professionals. Whether you need a routine eye exam or surgery consultation from our ophthalmologists, trust the care and service delivered at Macias Eye Medical Centers. With three convenient locations in San Bernardino, Fontana, and Riverside, you’re never more than a short drive away from exceptional eye care. Contact us today!